|“||You didn't think you'd be rid of me that easily, did you? Oh, my dear friend, I will always be here for you.||”|
In 2016, Jocelyn consumed the potion around the time Valentine reappeared. Ragnor then hid out in his house on the countryside of London, putting up protective wards that kept those with bad intentions at bay. Jocelyn's daughter, Clary Fray, along with Jace Wayland found him with Magnus's help and asked him to wake Jocelyn. Ragnor told them he used a recipe from the Book of the White when he made the potion, but the book was no longer in his possession. Moments after this revelation, Ragnor was killed by a Shax demon that followed the three inside. Magnus, mourning his friend's death, relocated the former's personal objects to his lair in hopes of finding clues to the Book of the White.
Ragnor's ghost—or at least a manifestation of Magnus's memory of him—visited Magnus and they reminisced their time together. Ragnor knew Magnus was in love and encouraged him to fight for it instead of building a wall to hide his heart.
Skills and abilities
- Immortality: As a warlock, Ragnor was granted immortality. Physically, Ragnor did not age and had maintained the appearance of a 40-year-old.
- Magic: Being a warlock, magic was inherent to Ragnor. Ragnor had access to magical powers that often manifest themselves as blue flames or sparks at his hands. Ragnor was capable of casting spells and protective wards, among many others. Because of his old age, many believed that Ragnor had grown to be very powerful, possibly even more so than Magnus.
- Malec (first and only physical appearance)
- A Door Into the Dark (mentioned only)
- Stronger Than Heaven (mentioned only)
Behind the scenes
- His casting announcement described Ragnor Fell as "a quirky, prickly loner that has a courtly manner dating back to another time. He is the former High Warlock of London, as well as being one of Magnus Bane's oldest friends."