New York City is the most populous city in the United States.
- Found in Manhattan, is the New York Institute, where the local Conclave of Shadowhunters operate from.
- Magnus Bane is the High Warlock of Brooklyn.
- The Brooklyn vampire clan primarily reside in the unfinished Hotel Dumort.
- The New York werewolf pack, led by Luke Garroway, has their base of operations in an Jade Wolf.
- A Downworlder haunt called Hunter's Moon is found in Chinatown, and they can also mingle with mundanes in the Pandemonium Club. The latter is also a hunting ground for some demons.
- An entrance to the City of Bones is found under an overpass of FDR Drive.
- An entrance to the Seelie realm is found in a shaded glade in Central Park near Shakespeare Garden. Another entrance to the Court itself is through a creek under a bridge in New York.
- It is one of the primary settings of Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.